“Move with Mindfulness” is a series of eight videos, with Valley Fitness Instructor Donna Stephens, to help improve emotional well-being while also reducing the effects of stress.
- Video 1: Rejuvenate your mind and body with these tension-releasing, seated stretches for your upper body.
- Video 2: Focus on active stretches for the lower body while sitting to ease tight, stiff muscles.
- Video 3: Take a stress-reducing break from your day while you mindfully nurture your houseplants.
- Video 4: Donna guides you through using different senses to mindfully experience a break outside in nature.
- Video 5: Donna demonstrates progressive muscle relaxation techniques for the upper body that you can do in a chair or while lying down.
- Video 6: Donna demonstrates progressive muscle relaxation techniques for the lower body that you can do in a chair or while lying down.
- Video 7: Donna offers insights and appreciation for what your hands do for you and others, while also encouraging creativity in how you use your hands.
- Video 8: In this final video of the series, Donna leads you through a popular mindfulness activity, the raisin exercise. Note: you’ll need one raisin or other small piece of dried fruit to follow along with Donna’s instructions.
Follow our channel for future videos, a total of eight, to be regularly released.