Dr. Chong, medical director of the Allergy and Immunology Clinic at Valley Medical Center, addresses commonly asked questions about allergy symptoms, COVID-19, treatments for allergies, and when to seek care.
- What are seasonal allergies?
- How do people tell the difference between seasonal allergies, a cold and COVID-19?
- How can people manage their seasonal allergies?
- What are some of the over-the-counter treatments that might be helpful or not so helpful?
- If treatments you’re trying at home aren’t as effective as you’d like, when is it a good time to see a primary care provider or an allergist?
- What about a recent study that suggested that those with asthma or allergies might be less likely to get severe COVID-19 infections?
- Are all symptoms of nasal congestion, runny nose, sneezing and post-nasal drip due to seasonal environmental allergens?