Starting to plan your Thanksgiving menu? These mini pumpkin pies are a great treat to end your meal!
(Adapted from Staywell Solutions Tasty Pumpkin Pie recipe)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15-25 minutes
Approximately 3 mini pies per serving
- 2 packages (30 to 40 shells) premade mini phyllo or other pastry shells. If frozen, prepare according to package directions.
- One-15-ounce can pure pumpkin
- 1/2 cup egg whites or egg substitute*
- 1/4 cup Truvia baking blend**
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs, divided
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch sweetener to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk pumpkin with egg substitute, sweetener, coconut milk and spice until thoroughly combined.
- Place premade pastry shells onto lined baking sheet.
- Spoon mixture into pastry shells, filling each shell nearly to the top.
- Sprinkle with half of the graham cracker crumbs.
- Bake at 425°F for 15-25 minutes or until top of pie filling cracks.
- Allow to cool for 30 minutes. The center will firm as the pies cool.
- In a medium bowl, whisk heavy whipping cream, vanilla, and a pinch sweetener until stiff peaks form.
- After pies have cooled, top with whipped cream and sprinkle with the second half of graham cracker crumbs.
- 1/2 medium banana, mashed
- 1/4 cup applesauce (or other pureed fruit)
- 3-1/2 tablespoons gelatin blend (mix 1 cup boiling water and 2 tsp unflavored gelatin, and then use 3-1/2 tablespoons of that mixture per egg)
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed mixed with 3 tablespoons warm water; let stand 1 minute before using
(If you use a sweet fruit egg replacement, consider using less sweetener in the recipe)
Truvia may be exchanged with your choice of sugar substitute equal to the sweetness of 1/2 cup sugar
Whipped Cream Replacements
- Vegan Aquafaba (recipe available on The Hidden Veggies website)
- Non-dairy premade whip