1 head cauliflower
1/3 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
2 tablespoons light coconut milk
1 tablespoon water
1/2 teaspoon crushed garlic
1/2 teaspoon thyme
1 tablespoon chopped chives
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Cut up the cauliflower head and steam for 10 – 15 minutes or until soft.
2. Transfer into food processor. (You may need to do this in batches.)
3. Add light coconut milk, water, and nonfat Greek yogurt.
4. Pulse until you get the consistency of mashed potatoes.
5. Add thyme, garlic, salt and pepper.
6. Pulse until all is combined and you are happy with the consistency.
7. Transfer to a serving dish and top with fresh chives.
Serves 6, 1/2 cup each: 39 calories, 7 grams carbs, 0 grams fat, 4 grams protein
This recipe is part of a collection assembled by Valley Medical Center’s Diabetes Education & Nutrition Clinic as a component of their healthy nutrition and diabetes education program. The recipes were gathered and inspired from a variety of healthy eating websites. See cookbook for list of website resources.