1 spaghetti squash, cut in half lengthwise
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Spray a baking sheet.
3. Place squash halves, cut side down, on the baking sheet.
4. Bake squash 35 minutes, or until a knife can be easily inserted.
5. Remove from oven and cool.
6. Shred inside of squash gently with a fork.
7. Add salt and pepper to taste and feel free to sprinkle with your favorite dried or fresh herbs.
Per 1 cup serving: 42 calories, 10 grams carbs,0.5 grams fat, 2.2 grams fiber, 1 gram protein
This recipe is part of a collection assembled by Valley Medical Center’s Diabetes Education & Nutrition Clinic as a component of their healthy nutrition and diabetes education program. The recipes were gathered and inspired from a variety of healthy eating websites. See cookbook for list of website resources.