- 1 cup flax meal(ground flax seeds)
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1 cup mushroom slices
- 1/2 cup chicken breast strips
- 1/2 cup skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup pesto sauce
1. Mix the flax meal and Parmesan in a bowl. Add the eggs and stir until a dough is formed. It will be sticky, let it sit for about 5 minutes.
2. Press onto greased cookie sheet in a circle shape about 1/3 inch thick. It should make a 10 inch crust.
3. Bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven for 8 minutes or until it looks set up. Remove.
4. Add toppings. Bake for another 15 minutes at 350 degrees F or until done. Cut into 8 slices.
Makes 8 slices, 1 slice with toppings: 295 calories, 12 grams carbs, 19 grams fat, 8 grams fiber, 17 grams protein
Full crust only: 1655 calories, 84 grams carbs, 104 grams fat, 64 grams fiber, 79 grams protein.
This recipe is part of a collection assembled by Valley Medical Center’s Diabetes Education & Nutrition Clinic as a component of their healthy nutrition and diabetes education program. The recipes were gathered and inspired from a variety of healthy eating websites. See cookbook for list of website resources.