- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 24 to 30 asparagus spears, tough ends snapped off
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Nonstick cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cut chicken breasts into 8 or 10 strips.
3. Wrap each strip in a corkscrew fashion around 2 or 3 uncooked asparagus spears. Fasten with toothpicks.
4. Place in a covered baking dish that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
5. Sprinkle with lemon juice, green onions, salt and pepper.
6. Cover and bake 25 to 30 minutes.
Serves about 8
Each skewer: 120 calories | 3 grams fat | 18 grams protein
This recipe is part of a collection assembled by Valley Medical Center’s Diabetes Education & Nutrition Clinic as a component of their healthy nutrition and diabetes education program. The recipes were gathered and inspired from a variety of healthy eating websites. See cookbook for list of website resources.