- 3 summer squash, a combination of zucchini and yellow squash
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 – 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
1. Halve each squash, do not peel.
2. Combine all other ingredients for sauce.
3. Place squash on rack over medium hot coals. Baste with some of the sauce.
4. Grill for 5 minutes on each side, basting frequently with sauce.
1/2 zucchini each: 29 calories | 2 grams carbs | 2 grams fat | 2 sodium
This recipe is part of a collection assembled by Valley Medical Center’s Diabetes Education & Nutrition Clinic as a component of their healthy nutrition and diabetes education program. The recipes were gathered and inspired from a variety of healthy eating websites. See cookbook for list of website resources.