Tailgating or watching a football game at home often means eating lots of unhealthy snacks. Enjoy the game with some healthier fare and win or lose, you’ll feel better afterward and your heart will thank you.
- Lean meat, including grilled chicken tenders (instead of fried wings), and lean beef, turkey or salmon burgers—pattied out to the size of a deck of cards or a meat and veggie wrap, like our Confetti Wraps
- Low-sodium seasoning and whole wheat buns
- Replace chips with crunchy raw veggies and a healthy dip, like guacamole
- Water or no-calorie soda
- Avoid alcohol—but if you do drink, do it in moderation
- Eat only if you are hungry
- 3 medium avocados, mashed with a fork
- 1 tomato, finely diced
- ½ medium onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon or lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce (optional—to add a little heat)
- Salt or pepper to taste
Stir all ingredients together and enjoy as a dip with fresh, raw vegetables.