- 6 egg whites
- 1/2 – 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 2 tablespoons psyllium husk (husk or powder, a form of fiber often found in health food section)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sugar substitute (Truvia, Splenda, Swerve, stevia, etc.) to taste
- Cinnamon, optional
1. Mix all ingredients in a blender.
2. Cook on griddle, using 1/4 cup batter per pancake.
Makes about 10 pancakes: 50 calories each, 7 grams carbs, 1 gram fat, 2 grams fiber, 6 grams protein
This recipe is part of a collection assembled by Valley Medical Center’s Diabetes Education & Nutrition Clinic as a component of their healthy nutrition and diabetes education program. The recipes were gathered and inspired from a variety of healthy eating websites. See cookbook for list of website resources.