Valley’s Advance Care Planning Coordinator Priyanka Choudhury explains the elements of advance care planning, what considerations should be made during the COVID-19 outbreak, resources available at valleymed.org/advancecareplanning.
- What is advance care planning and what are the two elements of ACP?
- Why is ACP important during this pandemic? What kinds of decisions specific to COVID-19 should people think about?
- What do people need to know about comfort care vs. intensive care?
- What does ACP look like at Valley Medical Center as a whole?
- What can you do to make sure your ACP documents are available to all the healthcare providers you rely on for your care?
- How can you start the ACP conversation?