- 1/3 cup oat flour or ground oats
- 1 scoop of vanilla or unflavored whey protein powder
- 1/4 cup milk (skim, almond, etc.)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar substitute (Truvia, Splenda, Swerve, etc.)
- In a mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients together with a whisk.
- In a separate bowl, combine the egg, banana and milk.
- Gently pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients while mixing with a rubber spatula until just combined. Do not over-mix.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and coat with cooking spray. Pour 1/4-cup rounds of batter onto the skillet, and cook until bubbles appear on the surface, about 3 minutes. Flip with a spatula, and cook for another 2 – 3 minutes.
Makes 1 serving: 332 calories, 23.8 grams carbs 8.7 grams fat, 6.6 grams fiber, 41.9 grams protein
These snack selections part of a recipe collection assembled by Valley Medical Center’s Diabetes Education & Nutrition Clinic as a component of their healthy nutrition and diabetes education program. The recipes were gathered and inspired from a variety of healthy eating websites. See cookbook for list of website resources.