Are you aware of the resources at our local Bellevue College and Highline College for adolescents transitioning out of the public school system Individual Education Plan (IEP) and 504 plan support system? Check out these local offerings and know many programs may have specific deadlines for applying. Other colleges on your adolescent’s radar? Please contact them as many offer post-secondary support and transitional programs.
- Bellevue College’s Occupational and Life Skills (OLS) program at allows your child to continue to grow and learn in the area of his/her career, in friendships and vocational skills.
- Bellevue College’s Autism Spectrum Navigators program helps your child improve in the areas of executive functioning, self-regulation, social interaction, self-advocacy and career preparation
- Bellevue College’s Basic and Transitional Studies program lets your child gain high-quality basic and pre-college Math and English literacy education for academic, personal, family, work and community engagement
- Bellevue College’s Disability Resource Center helps establish a comprehensive and flexible accommodation plan, as well as works to educate students, college staff, administration and communication contacts
- Highline College’s ACHIEVE program provides your child with a post-secondary transition plan with classes, advising, involvement in campus life, community-based internships and job placement services