Valley Medical Center is proud to promote World Breastfeeding Week 2018. This year’s theme is year BREASTFEEDING: Foundation of Life, with the following objectives:
- INFORM people about the links between good nutrition, food security, poverty reduction and breastfeeding
- ANCHOR breastfeeding as the foundation of life
- ENGAGE with individuals and organizations for greater impact
- GALVANIZE action to advance breastfeeding as a part of good nutrition, food security and poverty reduction
Just what does Valley do to advance these global goals?
As a Baby-Friendly designated hospital, recently awarded Breastfeeding Friendly Washington Gold Recognition Level “for helping put next generation be the healthiest ever,” Valley Medical Center incorporates the objectives of World Breastfeeding Week 2018 into our daily practice. Valley staff is passionate about informing and educating mothers and families about the benefits of breastfeeding for their babies, their communities and themselves.
- Valley’s Birth Center, NICU and Pediatrics/Mother-Baby staff have extra breastfeeding education and training to educate and support families prenatally and after birth.
- Breastfeeding and parenting services at Valley help anchor breastfeeding for our families and community.
- Our certified Lactation Consultants support mothers and families after birth and during the first years of life and provide outpatient lactation services for the families in the community.
- Valley is proud to engage with organizations to support and promote breastfeeding.
By taking action to promote breastfeeding as the social norm, Valley Medical Center is helping improve the health and quality of life for the community we serve.