Valley Medical Center’s Stroke Program is recognized as a Gold Plus Quality Achievement program. We are a Joint Commission certified Thrombectomy Capable Stroke Center.
Stroke is the fifth leading cause of death and leading cause of serious disability nationwide – but it doesn’t have to be. Check out the image below to review the warning signs of stroke and BE FAST.
There are things you can do to prevent stroke:
- Choose healthy foods and drinks. Avoid processed foods, salt, and sugar. Mediterranean diet is recommended for stroke.
- Maintain a healthy weight. Being overweight or obese can increase stroke risk.
- Get regular physical activity. Two hours and thirty minutes of moderate intensity exercise each week
- Don’t smoke. For information on how to quit visit this site: https://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/
- Limit alcohol use. Alcohol can increase blood pressure which increases stroke risk.
- Control medical conditions: cholesterol, blood pressure, diabetes, treat heart disease
For more information on our program, services, and stroke patient support visit valleymed.org/stroke.