Join Newcastle Primary Care nurse practitioner, Paige Veidenheimer, as she offers guidelines for exercising outdoors and how to stay cool on hot days.
Questions answered in this video include:
• Is it safe to be exercising outside right now?
• Who are the higher risk populations who need to be extra cautious?
• What are the safest places to be for outdoor activities?
• Do we always need to wear a mask while walking, hiking or running?
• Who is more vulnerable to hot weather?
• What extra considerations are there for hotter days to prevent overheating when being active or doing yardwork outside?
• How can you recognize symptoms of heat exhaustion and heat stroke?
• What recommendations do you have for extra hot days when folks are staying inside but don’t have access to air conditioning?