Many drugs and household products kept in the bathroom can be dangerous to children.
You’ll keep children safer when you:
- Store medications in containers with sealed caps inside a locked cabinet.
- Safely dispose of all expired meds. Find a location near you.
- Keep a separate storage area for daily-use items, such as shampoo and toothpaste, away from where you store dangerous items.
- Do not take medication in front of children, to avoid “copy-catting” you.
- Never refer to medicine as candy.
- Read any medication’s label before you administer the drug.
- If giving medication in the middle of the night, always turn on a light.
From the American Academy of Pediatrics