Looking for ways to cook the apples you picked at the orchard? This dessert would be a delicious way to end a cozy, rainy day meal of one of our five tasty weeknight soups!
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend
- 4 tablespoons macadamia nuts, chopped (or nut of your choice)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2-1/2 tablespoons butter
- 5 cups peeled apple slices
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat 8” x 8” baking dish with cooking spray or butter and set aside.
- In large bowl, mix flour, sugar, nuts and cinnamon. Using pastry blender or two knives, cut in butter until coarse crumbs are made. Set aside.
- Arrange apples in prepared baking dish. Top with flour mixture. Bake for 35 minutes or until golden.
Serves 8, 120 calories, 15 grams carbs, 7 grams fat
This recipe is part of a collection assembled by Valley’s Diabetes Education & Nutrition Clinic. The recipes were gathered and inspired from a variety of healthy eating websites. See cookbook for a list of website resources.