During Pride Month, we are featuring some of our providers who are experts in LBGTQ health care and social issues. In this first video Dara Jolly, MD, obstetrician & gynecologist and faculty member of the physician residency program at Valley Family Medicine addresses the questions below:
- What health issues are important for LGBTQ patients to be aware of?
- What preventive health guidelines do you recommend for patients who identify as lesbian, bi, or assigned female at birth (AFAB)?
- How can patients connect with providers who have an interest or expertise in LBGTQ health care?
- What do you recommend for patients who are transitioning female-to-male (pre-op) who are seeking health care?
- What practices does Valley employ to offer a supportive environment for LGBTQ patients?